Movies...movies!


I have never been an avid movie watcher. But lately, I have begun enjoying watching good movies. Not sure how this happened...maybe the fact that I have been finding more time for myself in the weekends...Loads of friends around, but most of us end up doing something or other different and it’s nice to be on your own...make new friends and hey, watch movies!!

I sure take looong to get to the point! Anyways, last weekend, I happened to see “Luck By Chance”. Farhan Akhtar and Konkana Sen Sharma duo was an attractive factor for me. I liked the way the script moved forward. An ambitious guy makes his way to the stardom with his talent and charm. I had an argument with a friend that there is nothing wrong in being ambitious and it just so happened that he could use people (read friends) and move still further. Others could not keep up with his pace! He said “Being ambitious does not mean cheating…period.” A good statement actually and well intentioned.

Another movie for which there were no arguments and discussion was “Well Done, Abba”. Boman Irani and Minissha Lamba and of course Mr. Shyam Benegal were the reasons I saw the movie. And, no regrets… After a long time, something simple yet profound was shown subtly.

This weekend, it had to be “The Clique”. Waking up early on a Saturday has been my forte since time immemorial  Didn’t want to spend my morning watching other normal people sleep, so headed to my second favorite place “The GYM”. An advertisement about a movie “Mean Girls” got me interested. In the evening tried to youtube for it but ended up getting “The Clique”. Nice teen chick-flick. Reminded me of my school days. Now I know the movie was based on a novel with the same name by Lisi Harrison. Actually it’s a series of novels based on each of the 5 girls who drive the plot.

So there…guess should start doing more activities on a weekend!

Comments

p@t!L said…
good to read ur post after a long time, Aeku. nice one - short and crisp.

well - if u need any tips on good movies, u can reach out to me. I hv some good ones on my HDD, but can recommend u a few.

do not miss out INCEPTION (i shld b getting some royalty for film's promotion :P) Its a totally new concept, and i loved it very very much. :)

hv a nice time with the movies ;)

PS: don't ask me of any chick-flicks. don't like (m)any of those :D
Aekta said…
@Avvi - Thanks! I am still working on my blogging skills...Yeah I did watch Inception and loved it. you can keep recommending movies to me...
Praveen Lobo said…
"it’s nice to be on your own" You bet.
Btw, now I know the origin of MGs. =P
CrazyDew said…
I read this post of yours and watched the movie, 'The Clique..'. Made my day :-)
Aekta said…
That's Cool... :)

Popular posts from this blog

Back Home

Focus!